Thursday, June 09, 2005

Thursday, June 9, 2005

Today I found 38 cents. . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, and 13 pennies.

After a late night at work I had to go in early, but first there was the small matter of finding some change. I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found nine cents (all pennies). At a stoplight I thought I saw a quarter in the road and I got out to retrieve it. As I picked it up traffic began to move and I just got back to my car in time to avoid a get moving honk. Sadly, the quarter was only a round piece of metal. I was so discouraged that this round piece of metal will not gain a resting place in my “Not Change Cup.”

I had lunch at Greenspoint mall and there I found 10 cents (one dime) in the food court. On my way to an appointment in the afternoon I stopped at Kroger, a local grocery store, and found 17 cents (one nickel, one dime, and two pennies). The dime was in the change return slot of a coin sorting machine and the remaining change was on the ground in the general vicinity.

Two single penny finds concluded my day today. One was made at Sonic and the other was in the middle of the road (this time not a false start) as I drove to visit Bailey.

Totals for the day: 38 cents
Race Totals: $78.18

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

So I gotta know...what happened to the round piece of metal if it did not get into the Not Change Cup?
Sounds like you were mad. Did you torture it before you put it out of it's misery?

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Excellent question. The round piece of metal made it home, where it was promptly dropped on the floor. This morning while using the vacuum cleaner it met it's demise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home