Saturday, June 11, 2005

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Today I found $1.50. . . 2 nickels, 3 dimes, 3 quarters, and 35 pennies. I also found a new “Not Change Cup.” Sadly, the new “Not Change Cup” does not count toward the daily totals.

Doing some change searching this morning I found seven cents (all pennies) at the drive-thru window of Shipley’s donuts. At the drive-thru window of a Chinese restaurant next door I found another four pennies. There was a local car wash in the same general area and there I found seven cents (all pennies). My final morning find was 16 cents (one nickel, one dime, & one penny) at Kroger, a local grocery store. The nickel was in the coin return slot of a water vending machine, the penny was on the ground by a cash register, and the dime was on the floor by a coin sorting machine.

On my way to the ballpark I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found two cents. I was a bit disappointed, as the Kwick Kar Wash usually brings it with lost change. After the game I decided to check the Kwick Kar Wash one last time. This time I found $1.14 (one nickel, two dimes, three quarters, and 14 pennies). This marks a rare time where I have found over $1 and the change cycle at one location. The three quarters were in a neat pile by a coin slot where customers insert quarters to wash their vehicles. The rest of the change was on the ground in various locations around the car wash.

It was at the Kwick Kar Wash where I found a new “Not Change Cup.” My current “Not Change Cup” is a regular sized mug where I deposit all items that are “not change” that I have found. Examples of things in my “Not Change Cup” include tokens, a rubber bouncy ball, foreign coins, a large nut for a large bolt, and marbles. My new “Not Change Cup” is a large mug with a cartoon ladybug and a bumble bee on it. The new cup was found on the ground by a vacuum cleaner. I’m not sure how I will handle the transfer of items, as “not change” is usually deposited into the “Not Change Cup.” I can’t very well transfer my new “Not Change Cup” into my old “Not Change Cup.” Somehow I’m sure I will manage.

Totals for the day: $1.50
Race Totals: $80.12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home