Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Today I found $1.13. . . 1 nickel, 1 dime, 3 quarters, and 23 pennies (the gutsy change cycle). I was also given a plastic goat by Bailey. Sadly, the plastic goat will not count towards the daily totals.

This morning I had some chores to do and one of them was to find a bit of change. I checked three local car washes and I found a total of six cents (all pennies). I ended up finding two cents at each one, which kept things nice and simple. My big find of the day was at a Shipley’s donuts drive-thru where I found 60 cents (two quarters & one dime). I had parked in a Taco Bell parking lot and as I walked back to my car I found 27 cents (one quarter & two pennies) in the ground a few parking spaces from where I was.

The drive-thru circuit provided my next three finds. I found five cents at KFC (one nickel), six cents (all pennies) at Starbucks, and two cents at Arby’s. I had to stop for gas while driving down to the ballpark and I found two cents at Cheveron.

At the ballpark this afternoon I watched the Houston Astros win their fifth game in a row. Roy Oswalt pitched a two hitter and the game was over in under two hours. At the ballpark I found two cents in the concourse while I was looking for a good place to sit. Driving home I stopped at Shell for a drink and found two cents by the cash register. My final find of the day was a penny in the middle of the road at a stoplight.

The aforementioned plastic goat was a gift from Bailey. He found it while change searching at a local car wash. Usually the only items deposited into my “Not Change Cup” are items that I find. However, the plastic goat is a solid gift so I will give it the honor of being deposited.

Tomorrow I fly to Baltimore for a bit of vacation and to watch the Astros play the Orioles. I'm hoping to have one of those days where I can make finds in two states in the same day. Tune in tomorrow for results.

Totals for the day: $1.13
Race Totals: $81.25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home