Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Today I found $1.37. . . 4 dimes, 3 quarters, and 22 pennies.

Today I am in Baltimore again for vacation. My friend Tara is with me and today I promised to show her around Baltimore. Tomorrow we shall tour Washington, DC. Both evenings are dedicated to baseball (Houston vs. Baltimore).

In the morning after picking up a car we stopped at a car wash where I found 13 cents (one dime & three pennies). Tara decided to wait in the car while I searched. My next two finds were single pennies, one at Safeway and the other at Giant, both local grocery stores. I found a dime by a vending machine at a childrens museaum downtown and a single penny in the subway station.

My big find of the day was 68 cents at a Shell gas station car wash area. All the change was on the ground and most of it was stuck together with something. However, it unstuck and now has been added to my totals.

Walking around the streets of Baltimore, mostly in the harbor area, I found seven cents (all pennies). In the evening I found 25 cents (one quarter) on the ground by a hotdog condement stand at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

It shoud be noted that Tara had a productive day as well. Towards the end of the game she snuck away from our seats (in the Astros family section as they were left by a player) and into some seats behind home plate. After the game she shamelessly flirted with homeplate umpire Jim Wolf (brother of Phillies pitcher Randy Wolf) and got him to give her a game used baseball. While helping me look for tickets she found $1 (a dollar bill) in the stadium, found 25 cents (one quarter) while leaving the ballpark, and one penny in the road by a gutter. Retrieving the penny Tara was almost hit by a bus, but I admired her dedication. She even called Bailey on her cell phone to talk some smack. Very solid day indeed!

Totals for the day: $1.37
Race Totals: $83.50

3 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't flirt "shamelessly." Just a little bit to get the ball so the kids next to me couldn't!!

Tara

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I stand by shamelessly, and besides a few little kids did get some balls. What is so solid is that he only gave you the ball after you called him by his first name.

Chris

 
At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara almost got ran over by a bus chasing after some change??? Wait 'till Claudia finds out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home