Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Today I found 26 cents. . . 1 dime & 16 pennies. I also found a Canadian penny minted in 1966. Sadly, the Canadian penny does not count towards the daily totals.

I woke up this morning in Anchorage, AK, and as far as I can determine the sun never set. This is the land of the midnight sun for a reason. Before I started my day I had to go to Wal-Mart (there are two of them in Anchorage) to purchase some water and a charger for my cell phone (the one that I brought with me broke). While at Wal-Mart I found two cents.

Walking around Anchorage this afternoon I found 10 cents (all pennies) in various locations around the city. At a car wash that I stopped at for the express purpose of searching for change I found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies). This is also where I found the Canadian penny, which will be deposited into the "Not Change Cup."

The remaining two cents that I found for the day were located at another car wash, that I found while taking an evening drive to see some areas of the city that were too far to reach by foot.

Tomorrow I drive to Fairbanks, AK to do some exploring. I'm thinking about driving an additional 200 miles from Fairbanks so I can reach a point that is north of the Artic Circle. I will report back on my progress, most likely when I get back to Houston on Thursday.

Totals for the Day: 26 cents
Race Totals: $89.33

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home