Thursday, June 16, 2005

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Today I found $1.02. . . 3 nickels, 4 dimes, 1 quarter, and 22 pennies (the dazzling change cycle).

This morning I had to wake up at 4:00am so I could catch a flight out of Washington National Airport. At the airport I found a penny at a bagel place where Tara purchased a glass of orange juice. I wanted a bagel but didn’t purchase it because they did not have a toaster. Prior to boarding the plane I found a quarter on the ground by some chairs by the Continental Airlines gate.

Back in Houston I had Tara stop at the Kwick Kar Wash on the way home, but I was only rewarded with one penny. In Tomball, TX this afternoon I found a nickel in the road by a stoplight. I also found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies) at a car wash in Tomball.

In the evening I met Bailey for dinner and on the way home I checked in at a Starbucks drive-thru and found 13 cents (one dime & three pennies). Leaving Starbucks I was stopped at a light and found another nickel in the road by a stoplight. At the Halmark Car Wash between Hooters (our dining location) and my apartment I found three cents in various places on the ground.

The no name car wash next to my apartments gave me my largest find for the day, 28 cents (two dimes & eight pennies). I was a tad concerned that my radar wasn’t functioning properly because I found both dimes on the second pass. As a seasoned vet of the change search there is no excuse for this to happen. I attribute my lapse to lack of sleep, so I will try not to let it get me down. My final stop of the day was the apartment car wash station, where I found nine cents (one nickel & four pennies).

Totals for the day: $1.02
Race Totals: $85.80

2 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Congrats on another cycle and dollar day.

15 more days and you should be at $100.

Have you thought about what you are going to do with the change yet?
No WAY you give to charity. Let's come up with a better idea!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I'm still not sure. I might have to open it to suggestions. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home