Saturday, June 18, 2005

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Today I found $1.12. . . 3 nickels, 3 dimes, 2 quarters, and 17 pennies (the mystical change cycle).

Preparing to leave for Alaska in the early morning I knew I had to do some Houston based change searching. My flight was very early, so under the cover of darkeness I decended upon the Houston landscape to see what could be found. At a Starbucks drive-thru, closed for the evening, I found 31 cents (one nickel, one quarter, one penny). At a Burger King drive-thru I found nine cents (one nickel & four pennies).

My next stop was Al Gator's Car Wash where I found 20 cents (two dimes) on the ground in the car wash area. At a nearby no-name car wash I found three cents. Two fast food drive-thrus provided my next finds, KFC and Shipley's Donuts. I found four and two cents, respectively.

Going to Randall's, a local grocery store, to use the ATM I found 30 cents (one quarter & one nickel) in the change return slot of a coke vending machine. On my way to the aiport I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash to wish it goodby. I also found three cents.

When my plane touched down in Anchorage, AK it was already 10:30pm local time. After picking up my rental car I took a quick drive around town and found 10 cents (one dime) at a KFC drive-thru. I was pleased to have my first Alaska find in the books so quickly.

Totals for the Day: $1.12
Race Totals: $89.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home