Friday, June 17, 2005

Friday, June 17, 2005

Today I found $2.15. . . 6 nickels, 6 dimes, 3 quarters, and 50 pennies (the invaluable change cycle). I also found a shiny polished rock and foreign coins from Canada, Japan, and somewhere else. Sadly, the rock and foreign coinage does not count towards the daily totals.

On my way to work this morning I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash (a favorite place to stop on my way to work) and I found 10 cents (all pennies). For lunch I walked across the street to a building with a small eatery and after ordering my lasagna I found a single penny under a vending machine that was in the general vicinity. Later in the afternoon I ran across the street to a Shell gas station to pick up a soda. There I found 26 cents (one quarter & one penny). The quarter was by a drive-thru window of a Burger King which is attached to the Shell station and the penny was on the ground by the cash register.

I didn’t get out of work until 7:00pm, but I was not discouraged. On my way home I was at a light that had just turned red and I saw a penny in the street. I opened my door to retrieve the penny and I saw a crack in the road with multiple pennies in it. All told I earned five cents while waiting for my light to change. My final stop on the way home was at the Hallmark Car Wash where I found 30 cents (three nickels & 15 pennies). The three nickels and a penny were stuck together with some type of strong glue. The remaining pennies were on the ground in various locations.

In the evening I met Bailey for dinner (our last dinner before he becomes a married man next weekend). It is our last dinner because he is driving to Indiana tomorrow for the wedding and I am flying to Alaska for five days of vacation. We will meet up in Indiana on Friday for the wedding which will be Saturday. On my way home from dinner I stopped at Sonic and found six cents (all pennies) on the ground. After that I remembered that I needed money from an ATM so I went into Randalls, a local grocery store, to use the ATM machine. The ATM was broken, but the coin sorting machine was not. I found $1.37 (three nickels, six dimes, two quarters, and 12 pennies). This marks a rare occasion where I have had a natural find that is over a dollar and the coin cycle all in one place.

The foreign coins, a Canadian quarter and penny, a Japanese yen, and some type of foreign coin that is too destroyed to identify were all in the change counting machine coin return slot. Aforementioned polished rock was found at the Kwick Kar Wash this morning. All foreign coins and the shiny rock will be deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of plum items of the non-change variety that have been discovered during the search for change.

NOTE: I will be in Alaska from June 18-22 so there is the chance that I will not be able to update the blog until my return. I'm hopeful that I will find an Internet connection and will be able to post once or twice while I'm gone.

Totals for the day: $2.15
Race Totals: $87.95

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home