Sunday, June 26, 2005

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Today I found $1.39. . . 1 nickel, 5 dimes, and 84 pennies. For the second time in this race I recorded finds in four states; Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, and Texas. However, today is a day about the wedding, not change.

Briefly, I did some change searching in Indiana after Bailey’s wedding and reception. I had to leave Indianapolis, IN this morning at 4:30 am so I could drive back to Chicago, IL to return my rental car. Once the rental car was returned I took a flight to Houston, TX, which had a layover in Michigan. Today, instead of breaking the finds down I will have to let the numbers speak for themselves. Instead, I’ll provide a summary of Bailey’s & Marti’s wedding.

The wedding was a beautiful ceremony, held in Indianapolis. The reception was held at the Hilton, which was nearby. I have known Bailey & Marti for several years, and obviously I’m good friends with both. This brief story will illustrate why these two are meant for each other:

During one of their first dances as a married couple (I was dancing in close proximity to them at the time) I hear Baily exclaim, “Ohh, ohhhh,” the noise he makes when he spots change. He bends down and picks up a single penny. Marti seems very impressed with his find. Later, as I’m dancing with Marti she leans in and tells me that because they will be on their honeymoon I need to make sure to blog about Bailey finding a penny during their dance. How cool is that? Even on their wedding night Marti is down with the change race! With love like that I predict nothing but happiness.

______________________________

Once I reach $100 I intend to keep up with the change race, although I’ll impose a few more rules upon myself to make things a little harder. I can’t promise nothing but natural finds, but I’m shooting for that goal. However, I’m still $1.09 away, so more on my plans after the big event.

Totals for the day: $1.39
Race Totals: $98.91

1 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Well, I'm almost at $100. The addiction of change finding is too strong, so I'm going to keep going.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home