Friday, June 24, 2005

Friday, June 24, 2005

Today I found $3.59. . . 3 nickels, 6 dimes, 10 quarters, and 34 pennies (the four state change cycle). This set a new all time high for me and marks the first time that I have found change in four states in the same day.

Today I had to travel to Indiana for Bailey's wedding, which is tomorrow. I left Houston, TX in the morning, flew to Minnesota where I had a layover, flew to Chicago, Illinois where I got a rental car, and drove to Indi. Below are my finds, broken down by states:

Texas: Prior to leaving I found three cents at a car wash next to my apartment. I also found one penny at the airport by a food stand.

Minesota: Landing in Mineapolis I had a four hour layover. I found a total of 66 cents (two quarters, one nickel, 11 pennies) at the airport. All the pennies were found as I walked around to kill time. The two quarters were found under a vending machine, and the nickel was found in the coin return slot of a soda machine.

Illinois: I found five cents (all pennies) at the airport as I went to go pick up my rental car. I had to take a toll road out of Chicago and at the first stop I found 10 cents (one dime) on the ground. I also got change from the lady so I could pay the remaining tolls without having to wait in a line to pay a real person. At the second toll stop I quickly got out of my car and picked up change on the ground. I found 60 cents (two quarters & one dime). I hit the jackpot at the third toll, finding $1.45 (five quarters, one dime, & two nickels).

Indiana: After crossing into Indiana I stopped to get gas and I found 22 cents (two dimes & two pennies) at a Wendy's drive-thru. I also found three cents at a gas station where I stopped. There was a Taco Bell next to the gas station and I checked the parking lot and found 13 cetns (one dime & three pennies). At a nearby Arby's I found two cents. In the parking lot of my hotel I found three cents. Going out for dinner I found 25 cents (one quarter) in a USA Today newspaper box. Finally, I found one penny at a 7-11, where I stopped for some water.

Daily Total's: $3.59 (a new high)
Race Totals: 96.87

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home