Sunday, July 03, 2005

Sunday, July 3, 2005

Today I found $1.72. . . 4 nickels, 6 dimes, 3 quarters and 17 pennies (my first July change cycle). I also found a Houston MTA bus token and a smushed elongated penny. Sadly, the token and smushed elongated penny do not count toward the daily totals.

A friend and his wife were visiting from Dallas today so early this morning I did some laundry and found a penny in the laundry room. While completing some chores I found three cents by a drive up Wells Fargo ATM, 10 cents (one dime) at a Shipley’s donuts drive-thru, and 10 cents (one dime) at the post office. The post office dime was in the coin return slot of a stamp machine.

On my way home from my AM tasks I did a little drive-thru check and found one penny at Boston Market and 23 cents (one dime, two nickels, & three pennies) at Starbucks. I also checked two local car washes, finding one penny at one and $1 (two nickels, one dime, three quarters, and five pennies) at the other. At my $1 car wash the three quarters were left on top of a car wash station, one dime was under a vending machine, and one nickel was in the coin return slot of another vending machine. The rest of the change was on the ground.

At my apartment complex I found 21 cents (two dimes & one penny) on the ground in the parking lot. I didn’t find them all together, but at various points throughout the day. Finally, on a trip downtown with my friends I found one penny in the street at a red light. On our return trip I found another penny on the ground in the street.

I found the Houston MTA bus token at the $1 car wash and the smushed elongated penny at the one penny car wash. The smushed elongated penny is from the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch, a nature preserve in San Antonio (so states my research). Sadly, the smushed penny and bus token do not count toward the daily total’s. They will both, however, be deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” holder of such items.

Totals for the day: $1.72
Race Totals: $103.22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home