Saturday, July 02, 2005

Saturday, June 2, 2005

Today I found 42 cents. . . 1 nickel, 1 dime, and 27 pennies.

I was determined to do some change searching today, but I ended up sleeping in and then having things to do most of the day. My first opportunity for change was lunch. I decided to eat at Sonic because 1) there was bound to be change there and 2) I had a coupon. I didn’t regret my decision, finding 25 cents (one dime & 15 pennies).

I had to run into my office in the afternoon and I made a few stops along the way. At a McDonalds drive-thru I found one penny and in a parking lot nearby I found three more cents. Two of the pennies were stuck in tar, but as it was almost 100 degrees here today a little flick with my car key and they were lose.

On my way home in the late afternoon/early evening I pulled into a Chevron station to check around for change. I found four cents by a vacuum cleaner and another six cents (one nickel & one penny) by the exit as I was driving off. At a stoplight I spotted a penny on the ground. I got out of my car to retrieve it just as the light turned green. I got the penny, but missed another one that I saw. I’ll make a mental note of the location and hopefully have the opportunity to retrieve it in the near future.

Totals for the day: 42 cents
Race Totals: $101.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home