Thursday, June 30, 2005

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Today I found 48 cents. . . 1 nickel, 3 dimes, and 13 pennies. I also found a token from Celebration Station, a local miniature golf facility. Sadly, the token does not count towards the daily totals.

After a very early start to the day and some hard work in the morning I was returning to the office when my co-worker Jennifer, who was with me, wanted to stop for ice cream. We pulled into a Shell gas station where Jennifer purchased two ice cream bars and I found a penny by the cash register. Driving to lunch I spotted a penny in the road, but the light had just turned green. I parked in a nearby parking lot and retrieved the penny when the light turned red. Jennifer was less than impressed with my superhuman efforts to coral this lost penny.

Driving back from lunch Jennifer was not feeling very good. We stopped at a Chevron and after she used the facilities and returned to the car I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny) as I was driving away. I actually though I had seen a quarter, so I stopped. Sadly, it was a false start, nothing more than a flattened bottle cap. However, Jennifer was supportive when I returned with the real money.

Returning home from my day of work I stopped at a local McDonalds and checked the drive-thru. There I found 27 cents (one nickel, two dimes, and two pennies). This is where I found the token for Celebration Station. Although the token has “no cash value” it has value to me and my “Not Change Cup,” holder of all items deemed to have “no cash value.”

In the evening I completed some chores with my friend Robert. It was during these errands that I found three cents at Randall’s, a local grocery store, and five cents (all pennies) at Sonic. All of the Sonic pennies were on the ground in the parking lot. Of the three Randalls pennies two were in the coin return slot of a change sorting machine and one was on the floor nearby. One of the Randalls pennies was a 1942 Wheat Penny.
______________________________________________

June Monthly Report:

This month I found 686 pennies, 47 nickels, 87 dimes, and 50 quarters. I found change in seven states (Alaska, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, and Texas), as well as the nation's capital. I also broke the $100 mark.

Monthly Total: $30.41
Change Cycle Days: 12
Dollar Days: 13
Monthly High: $3.59 (June 24th)
Monthly Low: 13 cents (June 29th)
Daily Average: $1.0136

Totals for the day: 48 cents
Race Totals: $100.95

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home