Monday, July 04, 2005

Monday, July 4, 2005

Today I found 48 cents. . . 3 nickels, 2 dimes, and 13 pennies.

On the way to the Astros game this afternoon I pulled into Sonic to get a bite to eat. Then I remembered that it was $1 hotdog day at the ballpark, so I abandoned my plans for a Sonic lunch I did, however, do some checking in the parking lot and I found 24 cents (one dime, two nickels, and four pennies). The silver was all in a pile near where I parked and the pennies were scattered about.

After parking by the ballpark I found a penny on the sidewalk by a parking meter. After the game I stopped at Cheveron for gas and while my tank was filling I checked the McDonald’s drive-thru. There I found 23 cents (one dime, one nickel, and eight pennies).

I’m sad to report that the other day the Astros designated John Franco for assignment. Basically that means they released him. However, the good news is that it opened a roster spot and one of my good friends was called back up. After the game we went out for a beer and caught up on what he had been up to in the Minor Leagues. It was nice to see him again. On the autograph front I managed only five San Diego Padre’s autographs. Notable autographs (and notable is pushing it today) include Marcus Giles (brother of Brian) and Ryan Klesco.

Totals for the day: 48 cents
Race Totals: $103.70

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home