Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Today I found $1.11. . . 2 nickels, 3 dimes, 1 quarter, and 46 pennies (the beloved change cycle).

I had to drive to College Station, TX today, home of Texas A&M. Driving through Tomball, TX I spotted and retrieved a nickel from the road. It was badly scratched from being repeatedly run over by vehicles, so I was glad to rescue it. Leaving an appointment in College Station I spotted and retrieved another penny from the road. At lunch, at Chicken Oil, a hamburger joint beloved by all those indoctrinated/educated at Texas A&M, I found a penny by the counter where I placed my order.

On my way home I stopped at two Sonic’s, and at each one I found eight cents (for a total of 16 pennies). At a nearby Jack in the Box drive-thru I claimed 46 cents (one quarter, two dimes, and one penny). At a car wash where I actually stopped to clean my car I found eight cents (one nickel & three pennies).

At the ballpark this evening I found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies). The first penny and the dime were located by parking meters by the ballpark and the last penny was by the home plate entrance. My final find of the day was 22 cents (all pennies) at the Kwick Kar Wash. Almost all of the pennies were sitting in a pile by a vacuum cleaner. They were all slightly sticky, covered in some type of Chinese food sauce. It is clear why they were abandoned, but a quick soak in some water once I got home made them as good as new.

On the autograph front I managed five San Diego Padres signatures. I finally had a decent day with some big names, pulling in Trevor Hoffman & Xavier Nady.

Totals for the day: $1.11
Race Totals: $105.11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home