Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Today I found 44 cents. . . 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 9 pennies. I also found a fake penny, a fake nickel, and a real Mexican dime. Sadly, the last three finds will not count toward the daily totals.

This morning started out quite well. I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny). Sadly, due to job related security concerns I cannot reveal the location of the find, or the circumstances surrounding it. Sufficed to say, it was a very solid find, but you will have to take my word on it.

Later in the day I stopped at a car wash in Eagle Pass, TX and I found three cents. It was at this car wash that I also found the Mexican dime (I did learn today that all Mexican coins below one peso are called centavos)and the fake penny and nickel. The fake coins looked like real American currency, but they said "copy" across the front of each.

Walking across the Mexican-American bridge at Piedras Negras (Black Rocks in Spanish) I found a penny. I was bummed because I was clearly on the American side of the bridge. I had hoped to record my first foreign country find, but it was not to be.

In the evening I left my hotel to go to the post office. By the elevators I found a quarter in a coke vending machine. Later, at the post office, I found four cents. Two of the pennies were under a stamp machine and two were by the side of a machine used to weigh letters and packages. The two by the letter/package machine were so far back I had to use a folded Priority Mail box to retrieve them. I did, and they are in a better place now.

Totals for the day: 44 cents
Race Totals: $109.98

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home