Sunday, July 31, 2005

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Today I found $1.17. . . 1 nickel, 5 dimes, 1 quarter, and 37 pennies (the cool change cycle). I also found a smushed, elongated penny (for the second day in a row), which sadly won’t count toward the daily totals.

After the baseball game last night I packed up a few of the Jose “Cheo” Cruz figurines that were given away and sent them off to some friends. On my way to the post office I stopped at Boston Market (the drive-thru which was closed) and found 13 cents (one dime & three pennies). I also hit a Taco Bell parking lot and found four cents and a car wash next to it where I found 15 cents (one dime & five pennies).

After depositing my figurines at the post office I walked across the street to an Arby’s drive-thru (also closed at the time) and found another four cents. My final stop on the way home was Ale Gator’s Car Wash where I found a whopping 55 cents (three dimes, one nickel, and 20 pennies). All the change was scattered about and it just kept appearing. Each time I was ready to leave I would find another penny or a dime. It was a good way to start the morning.

After the Astros game today I scavenged for ticket stubs and coke bottle caps. I found four bottle caps and some tickets, but no change. Leaving the ballpark I found a smushed elongated penny by the home plate entrance. It was a Houston Astros penny, and now is a “Not Change Cup” penny. By a parking meter which was located in the vicinity of my car I found 25 cents (one quarter) sticking out of some grass. On the way home I stopped at Shell for a drink and found one penny.

The autograph front was not so good today number wise, but sometimes quality is more important than quantity. It was Astros Family Day on the field, which meant no batting practice for either team. After the players went in one Roger Clemens emerged and started to sign. This was the first time in two years that he has signed an autograph in the stadium, to my knowledge. I would have knocked down some kids had the need arisen, but I positioned myself in a nice spot and waited for him to sign. He passed over me twice, but I kept moving down the line and finally he signed the ball that I had. It was in sharpie (black marker) on the side of the ball, but still a nice signature.

______________________________________________

July Monthly Report:

This month I found 524 pennies, 19 nickels, 47 dimes, and 16 quarters.

Monthly Total: $14.89
Change Cycle Days: 4
Dollar Days: 4
Monthly High: $1.72 (July 3rd)
Monthly Low: 12 cents (July 30th)
Daily Average: 48.03 cents

Totals for the day: $1.17
Race Totals: $115.84

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home