Saturday, July 30, 2005

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Today I found 12 cents. . . 1 dime and 2 pennies. I also found a smushed, elongated penny, which sadly won’t count toward the daily totals.

This morning I had a huge load of laundry to do that had been sitting around since last week when I got back from Eagle Pass. After loading some washing machines I found two cents in the laundry room. One penny was on the floor and the other was on top of a washing machine.

After the baseball game tonight, the Astros 7th win in a row, I scavenged for some ticket stubs and some coke bottle caps. Coke is currently running a promotion that lets you win free coke and various other products if you have a winning bottle cap. To date I have won 22 free 1 liter cokes and a bunch of free rentals at blockbuster. Anyhow, I didn’t find any winning bottle caps, but I did find 10 cents (one dime) by a losing bottle cap that examined.

Earlier in the game I was seat hopping while Bailey was being videoed for his Men’s Warehouse Fan Make Over. Below one seat I found a smushed elongated penny. It was a souvenir from the Aquarium Restaurant, located in downtown Houston, TX. Sadly, this penny can’t be counted toward the daily totals, but it will join other smushed elongated pennies, and other stuff that is amassing in my “Not Change Cup.”

Totals for the day: 12 cents
Race Totals: $114.67

2 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

"I didn’t find any winning bottle caps, but I did find 10 cents (one dime) by a losing bottle cap that examined."

Examined what? Was the losing bottle cap examining something?
The people need to know!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Chris said...

The losing bottle cap was examined to determin it's winningness. It was winless, so it was deposited not into a "Not Change Cup," but back onto the ground. Thank you for your concern, Mr. Cycle.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home