Thursday, July 28, 2005

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Today I found $1.17. . . 4 quarters and 17 pennies.

After an appointment this morning I stopped at the Shell station across the street from my office to get a drink (lemon-lime Powerade). Walking in I found four cents in a Burger King drive-thru, which is attached to the Shell. By the front door of the actual Shell station I found another penny on the ground.

These were my totals for the day until after the baseball game this evening, a subject to be discussed momentarily. On the way home from the ballpark it was close to midnight so I knew my 10 cent streak was in jeopardy. I stopped an Exxon gas station and found six cents (all pennies) by a vacuum cleaner. My final stop of the evening was at the car wash across the street from my apartment. There I found $1.05 (four quarters & five pennies). The pennies were scattered about and the four quarters were sitting on the ledge of a car wash station, the area where individuals deposit change to wash their cars. Some poor individual must have forgotten about his quarters, but his loss is my gain.

Tonight’s baseball game was probably the best I have seen all year. After three games against the hapless Philadelphia Phillies it was nice to see competitive baseball again. The game featured Pedro Martinez against a no-name Astros pitcher. Even though Pedro hit every mile between 71 and 92 at some point in the game (save 85 miles per hour) he took the loss. The game ended with a single, knocking in the winning run.

On the autograph front I didn’t do that great. My ball already had Carlos Beltran, Cliff Floyd, and Tom Glavin (from Spring Training) and I only added seven others, plus manager Willie Randolph. None of the autographs were too notable.

Totals for the day: $1.17
Race Totals: $114.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home