Saturday, July 23, 2005

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Today I found 39 cents. . . 1 dime & 29 pennies. I also found a 20 pence piece from Great Britain, which sadly won't count toward the daily totals.

I had to go into my office this afternoon and on the way I stopped at Sonic for lunch. While waiting a long time for my Sonic burger and cherry coke (with a real cherry in it) I walked the parking lot and found five cents (all pennies). It was in the parking lot that I also found the 20 pence piece. If I was Brian, King of the change world, I would inform you that at current market value the coin would be worth 34.8 cents. However, I am not so I will inform you that the coin will be deposited into my "Not Change Cup."

On my way home I stopped at two gas stations, Chevron and Exxon and found a total of five cents (all pennies). I also checked a Taco Bell parking lot and found 13 cents (one dime & three pennies). Before I got home I decided to stop and see a good friend, the Kwick Kar Wash. She clearly missed me, because waiting for me were 15 cents (all pennies). Two of them were stuck together with some type of gupe. My final find of the day was a single penny that I plucked from the road just as the light turned green.

Totals for the day: 39 cents
Race Totals: $110.99

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home