Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Wednesday, June 27, 2005

Today I found 64 cents. . . 1 nickel, 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 24 pennies (the deficient change cycle). I also got two Phillies autographs and found a fake quarter. Sadly, the fake quarter, and the Phillies autographs (obviously), do not count toward the daily totals.

Driving home from the ballpark last night I noticed that it was already midnight. I stopped at the car wash next to my apartment and found 22 cents (one dime & 12 pennies). Driving into work from an appointment this afternoon I stopped at Sonic for lunch (a delicious toaster chicken sandwitch) and found 14 cents (one nickel & nine pennies).

At the ballpark this evening Bailey and I were walking around the concourse and I spotted a quarter on the ground in proximity to a food stand. Multiple people were around, but no one was claiming ownership of the quarter so I decided to act. The quarter is now safe with me in the pretzle jar.

Driving home from the ballpark this evening, an Astros win and a series sweep against the slumping Phillies, I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found three cents and a fake quarter. The fake quarter was plastic, but otherwise resembled a real quarter. It has been deposited into the "Not Change Cup," with other fake coins and the like that have been found.

On the autograph front it was slim pickings, as I already had most of the team. I did manage to get Chase Utley, who really looks a lot like David Bell, and the manager, Charlie Manuel, who is back with the team after the death of his sister. Did I mention the Astros won and swept the Phillies? Yeah, they did.

Totals for the day: 64 cents
Race Totals: $112.91

3 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

“pretzle jar”? Don’t you mean pretzel jar?
Or did you create a new word for your jar?

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Blogger spell check hasn't been working for me. Did you study your spelling books when you sat in your $12 seat tonight? Since I had a $5 ticket I should take the savings and pay a proof reader.

Chris

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

I understand how spell check "systems" haven't been working for you.

Are you going to forget everything AGAIN today, and have to drive to the ballpark 4 different times?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home