Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Today I found $1.51. . . 1 nickel, 5 dimes, 3 quarters, and 21 pennies.

I decided to stay up on Monday night, so I would not oversleep and miss my flight. It the early hours of Tuesday morning I did some change searching. At Starbucks I found 85 cents (one nickel, five dimes, one quarter, and five pennies). At a McDonald's in the vacinity I found 25 cents (one quarter) in the closed drive-thru.

A few more fast food restaurants rounded out my sleepless night. Burger King gave me two cents, KFC gave me five cents (all pennies), Wendy's a single penny, and Arby's gave two cents.

At the airport in the morning I found one penny by the metal detectors on the ground and one penny at a Wendy's, where I stopped to get an egg & cheese sandwitch. Once in Arizona I found one penny by a counter at Starbucks, which was located in the airport. I also found two pennies, at different locations, on the road as I drove to my hotel. One penny was found at a Circle K gas station, where I stopped for a drink. My final find of the day was 25 cents (one quarter) that I found at Bank One Ballpark, as I searched for ticket stubs after the game.

One final note: It rained so hard after the game that security would not let people exit the stadium. When I finally got out I had to walk though four feet of water at some points to get to my car. My 7.5 mile drive back to my hotel took me over three hours. What fun stuff.

Totals for the day: $1.51
Race Totals: $118.64

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home