Monday, August 15, 2005

Monday, August 15, 2005

Today I found 90 cents. . . 1 nickel, 4 dimes, 1 quarter and 20 pennies (the impassioned change cycle). I also found a mini-magnetic license plate and a foreign coin of unknown origin. Sadly neither the foreign coin or the magnet will count toward the daily totals.

I didn’t have to work today, but I was very productive. I took a trip to the post office, cleaned out a closet, did some chores downtown, and successfully contested a parking ticket that I had received about a month ago. Prior to going downtown I stopped at a car wash along FM 1960 and found 26 cents (one quarter & one penny). Both were on the ground. I also found a mini magnetic Washington, DC license plate with the word “Worship” in place of the numbers and letters on a real license plate. Also missing from this mini magnetic license plate is the standard “Taxation Without Representation” slogan that appears on real DC license plates. The mini magnet has already been placed in the “Not Chang Cup.”

Heading downtown I stopped at a Sonic for some lunch and while waiting for my order I found six cents (all pennies). Most were located on the patio, but a few were in parking spaces. To contest my ticket I had to go to a courthouse on Lubbock St. I found a parking meter with over an hour on it so I didn’t have to pay the going rate of 25 cents for 12 minutes. After contesting my parking ticket I wandered around and checked some parking meters. I found 49 cents (one nickel, four dimes, & four pennies) at the base of various parking meters. I also found the foreign coin, which I believe is Swiss in origin. It has the word “Helvitia” on the front and 1 Fr. On the back. The foreign coin has also been deposited into the “Not Change Cup.”

My final stop on the way home from the ballpark was the Kwick Kar Wash. There I found nine cents (all pennies). On the autograph front I managed to get two Cubs signatures (I had a lot from the first time they were in so I was happy with that). I also got Mia Hamm, wife of Cubs shortstop Nomar Garciapara, to sign a baseball for me. I saw her in the stands and was very proud of my ability to recognize her.

Totals for the day: 90 cents
Race Totals: $130.18

2 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

Mia Hamm, very soild.
How did she look in person?
Does she compare to Aylssa Milano?

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Chris said...

She was solid, but no Alyssa Milano. Alyssa was more friendly compared to Mia. Still, I gave myself props for recognizing her, since I didn't know she was there. I was going to get my free drink when I saw her before the game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home