Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Today I found 44 cents. . . 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 9 pennies.

During lunch this afternoon I went and filled up my car with gas and I found a penny by the gas pump at Chevron. I also went to the post office to mail some items and I found 25 cents (one quarter) under a stamp machine. During the baseball game this evening I went across the street to the Home Plate Bar & Grill to get a burger (the game was a long one this evening so I needed some food) and I found a penny by my table after I paid my tab.

On the way home I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and I found five cents (all pennies) and at the Sonic next door where I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny). My final find of the day was a single penny in the road on the way home. I spotted it just as the light was about to change from red to green, so it took some quick reflexes to recover it and be ready to go.

On the baseball front I went again to left field to try to catch some baseballs. I got my first ball of the season today, albeit a throw up from Brandon Watson. It was a nice clean ball and there were no kids around, so I decided to keep it. On the autograph front I waited around after the game and got Mike Stanton, pitcher for the Nats. My best autograph story of the day, however, was Nick Johnson. I asked Nick to sign right before the game started. He told me it was too late, but if I came back to the dugout after the game he would sign. You hear this a lot from players, and it never materializes, but I went back anyway. After the game, which was over three hours, Nick came right over, signed my ball, and went in. That’s a good guy!

Totals for the day: 44 cents
Race Totals: $126.00

4 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

Nick is not an Astros, how can he be one of the good guys?

I know, I know, they are ALL good guys!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Get with the times! Last year we had to "Root for the good guys." This year, "It's Our Turn!"

Chris

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Amazing Greis said...

No, no, no....This year "It's ON"!!!

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Wow, Root for the good guys might have been three years ago. So many stupid Astros slogans, it's hard to keep track.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home