Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Today I found $1.06. . . 2 dimes, 3 quarters, and 11 pennies (the uncomparable change cycle).

After an early morning appointment I stopped at Sonic for some breakfast before I went into the office. At Sonic I found three cents. I would have probably found more, but a girl from inside came out to smoke a cigarette and she started chatting with me. It’s hard to eat, chat, and look for change at once, so I had to forgo any additional change searching.

To get back to the office I had to take the toll road again, and again there was a big payoff. As I pulled up to the paying point I quickly got out of my car and recovered 96 cents (three quarters, two dimes, & one penny). After the Astros game I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found seven cents (all pennies), to cap off my day.

My team ball for the Washington Nationals is fairly complete because I filled it up fairly well in Spring Training. Instead of getting autographs I went out to try to catch a batting practice home run ball. Sadly, the Nationals have a lot of lefties and I was in left field, so I didn’t get a ball. I did get Brandon Watson to sign a ticket stub for me after the game. Mr. Watson had his first three major league hits tonight, one of which was a home run. His family was with me and I gave them a few extra ticket stubs from the game as souvenirs, which they happily accepted.

Today is day one of a 13 game homestand (with no breaks) for the Houston Astros. I'm calling it right now, after attending 13 consecutive baseball games I'm going to be braid dead.

Totals for the day: $1.06
Race Totals: $125.56

2 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Blogger Amazing Greis said...

Shouldn't that be braiN dead? Just making sure because braid dead is ok too. See you tomorrow!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Chris said...

braiN dead? Is that like brain dead with a small N? So critical, lance-a-lot. It will be some hip, hip, hip, for you tomorrow.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home