Saturday, August 13, 2005

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Today I found $1.77. . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, 5 quarters, and 27 pennies (the eminent change cycle). I also found a Canadian quarter and a very small woman’s ring. Sadly, the Canadian coin and the woman’s ring will not count toward the daily total.

I had to go to the post office early this morning (slightly after midnight) to mail some packages and I did some change searching along the way. I found 16 cents (1 dime & six pennies) at Arbys, which is directly across the street from my post office. I also found 35 cents (one quarter, one nickel, and five pennies) at the car wash next to my apartment complex. Small, but important finds were also recorded at Shipley’s Donuts (two cents), the post office (one penny), and a KFC drive-thru (four cents).

My final find of the early morning was at Ale Gator’s Car Wash, where I found 30 cents (one quarter & five pennies). The quarter was on top of a vacuum cleaner and the pennies were on the ground. This is where I found the Canadian quarter and the small woman’s ring. Were I Bailey I would not have picked these up, and were I Brian I would tell you the value of the Canadian quarter in American currency, and then explain that it would not count toward my totals. However, I’m Chris, so I will tell you that they won’t count toward the daily totals and they will be deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of all things not US change.

In the early afternoon I took a trip to my bank, which is located inside Randalls, a local grocery store. I checked out the change counting machine there and found 27 cents (one quarter & two pennies). All the change was stuck between the machine and a leg of the machine. It took several minutes of poking with my car key to dislodge the coins from their snug home.

At the ballpark this evening I found 26 cents (one quarter & one penny) as I looked for ticket stubs and winning coke bottle caps. On the coke bottle cap front I found eight caps that were winners (I can redeem each cap for a one liter coke product). My final stop of the evening was Chic Filet, where Bailey has had past success. There I found 36 cents (one quarter, one dime, and one penny).

On the autograph front my Pittsburgh Pirates team baseball is very full, so I concentrated on getting some single balls signed. I obtained autographs from Jack Wilson, former All-Star, and rookie pitching sensation Zach Duke, who is 5-0 with an ERA around two.

Totals for the day: $1.77
Race Totals: $128.61

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home