Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Today I found 29 cents. . . 1 nickel, 1 dime and 14 pennies. I also found a plastic action figure, which sadly won’t count toward the daily total.

During lunch I took a trip to Randalls, a local grocery store, to use my bank, which has a branch office in the grocery store. As I walked in I saw a little girl with her hand in the change sorting machine, checking for change. I was a tad miffed, but on the way out I checked anyway and found three pennies. One penny was sitting on the top of the machine (she was too short to see that one) and two were on the ground (she had only checked the coin return slot. Silly girl).

Leaving Randalls I checked a McDonalds drive-thru and found 11 cents (one dime & one penny) and I spotted another penny as I was leaving the parking lot. A quick stop and that penny was added to the collection.

After work I checked a local car wash and found six cents (all pennies). I also found a plastic action figure, which was a boy with a skateboard, with some type of sponge Bob in his pocket. I believe it was a toy from the Sonic kids meal, but I’m not 100 percent sure. Either way, it’s now in the “Not Change Cup.”

In the evening I took a trip to the post office and found five cents (one nickel) in the coin return slot of a stamp machine. On the way home I checked Ale Gator’s car wash and found three cents.

Totals for the day: 29 cents
Race Totals: $134.80

2 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Good find on the Action Figure.
How about a picture?

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Sorry, I'm not as picture savey as you. As soon as you show me how to do it I'll get them posted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home