Friday, August 19, 2005

Friday, August 19, 2005

Today I found 7 cents. . . all pennies.

Today ends my over six month streak of finding over 10 cents each day, and I’m not happy about it. After lunch I found two cents at a Kroger, one penny at a McDonalds drive-thru, three cents by the exit of a Chevron gas station, and one penny at my bank. That was it for the day.

The Astros game that I saw tonight was perhaps the most boring game I have ever seen in my life. It was the 11th consecutive home game the Astros have played, with no days off. The Astros won, but they shouldn’t have. Most of the runs were cheap and unearned, and the game lasted over three hours. I had plenty of time to find change after the game, but I spent over one hour trying to find a post office that was less than a mile from the ballpark. I knew if I would just quit and go home I would find change along the way. I made the decision that I was going to find the post office, or run out of gas trying. I found it, it was after midnight, and I stand on my seven cents. I’m not happy.

On the autograph front I got single balls signed by future Brewers stars Prince Fielder (son of Cecil Fielder) and Ricky Weeks. This is all I have to report for a day that was not that great.

Totals for the day: 7 cents
Race Totals: $131.20

2 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

WOW! The ten cent streak ends!
But you found a post office near the ballpark. That is good for us.

Congrats on getting Prince. You should be happy that he didn't eat your ball!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Bailey:

Prince is a fat man, no doubt about it. I found the post office, but who the hell knows if I can find it again. I was very lost.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home