Thursday, August 18, 2005

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Today I found 40 cents. . . 2 nickels, 1 dime, and 20 pennies.

On my way to work this morning I stopped at the car wash next to my apartments and found six cents (all pennies). I looked around for some change at lunch, but found nothing. On my way to the ballpark this evening I stopped at a Shell gas station for a drink and found three cents. One penny was by a vacuum cleaner, one was on the sidewalk by the front door, and the third was by the cash register on the ground. Leaving the Shell station I spotted six cents (one nickel & one penny) in the road. There was no light, but cars in front of me were stopped so I quickly retrieved the battered change.

Outside the ballpark after the game I found a dime by the home plate entrance. My friend Bill, an old man who wears an orange hat and yells a lot at games, congratulated me on this find. On the way home I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 15 cents (one nickel & 10 pennies).

I tried to catch a baseball during batting practice today, instead of going for autographs. I got one baseball, although it was a toss up from Brewers pitcher Jose Capellan. As there were no kids around, and as I actually recognized Jose, I decided to keep the ball. By the dugout before the game I got a few autographs, none notable. After the game I waited outside to see who would show up and out came Dana Eveland, another pitcher for the Brewers. He turned out to be a nice guy and we ended up talking for about 15 minutes. He even tried to help me figure out an autograph on my baseball that I didn’t know. He couldn’t figure it out, but agreed that whoever signed it had very bad handwriting.

Totals for the day: 40 cents
Race Totals: $131.13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home