Thursday, August 25, 2005

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Today I found 36 cents. . . 1 quarter and 11 pennies.

On my way to work this morning I spotted a single penny in the road at a red light. With little fanfare the penny was retrieved and added to my growing collection of change. At lunch today I found no change, but I did get to eat for free. Because I had forgotten my credit card at home my co-worker Jennifer graciously purchased my lunch. She is a nice co-worker.

On the way home I stopped at Sonic and found four cents and I walked over to the Kwick Kar Wash and found another four cents. Closer to home I went to the car wash next to my apartment complex and found two cents. In the evening I went to the bank, and then to the post office. At the post office I found a California quarter in the change return slot of a stamp machine. The California quarter, which I had not seen before, has a picture of Yosemite Valley on it, a bald eagle flying overhead, and an old man named John Muir (a naturalist, writer, and conservationist who founded the Sierra Club) on it.

Totals for the day: 36 cents
Race Totals: $135.16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home