Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunday, September 4, 2005

Today I found 30 cents. . . 1 quarter & 5 pennies.

On my way to the ballpark this morning I found a penny sitting in the street by a corner of FM 1960 & Kuykendahl Rd. The light was red and I got the penny with little fanfare. At the ballpark Bailey and I were walking around the concourse and I spotted a penny at the base of a food concession stand. According to Bailey he would have seen it in just a second, but it was a second too late. On the way home I spied another penny at the same intersection as earlier in the day, only on a different side of the road. My final penny find was at CVS, where I stopped to pick up some envelopes.

In the evening I joined my friend Susan for dinner. She was kind enough to pick up the tab for the meal with a gift certificate that her mother had given her as a gift. On the way home from dinner I stopped at a Burger King for some change searching. I found 25 cents (one quarter) in the drive-thru. It had a bit of red sticky wax on it, but a quarter is a quarter.

On the baseball front the Astros lost today. Over the last three days they have dropped two of three to the St. Luis Cardinals. Tomorrow is a big series for the Stros, as the go to the city of brotherly love to face the Philadelphia Philles. Philadelphia is known for many things; such as cheese steaks, booing Santa Clause, booing Mike Schmidt, booing almost everything else, and being the Astros whipping boys over the past few seasons. Last year the Astros swept the Phillies in Philadelphia and this year they swept them in Houston. It will be an important series, and I’m sure our change searching friend Brian will be at some of the games.

Totals for the day: 30 cents
Race Totals: $159.31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home