Monday, September 05, 2005

Monday, September 5, 2005

Today I found 55 cents. . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, 1 quarter & 5 pennies (the rarified change cycle).

Shortly after midnight I decided to hit the streets in search of some change. There was not much to be found. At a Burger King drive-thru I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny) and at a Starbucks drive-thru I found seven cents (one nickel & two pennies). I also unearthed two cents at a Boston Market, but these pennies were in the parking lot, not the drive-thru.

Today was dedicated to doing nothing. However, in the afternoon I met Bailey for lunch and after that I went to the post office to drop off some packages. Under a stamp machine I found 35 cents (one dime & one quarter).

Several years ago I came up with a list of things to do before I die. Over the years I have added some and crossed some off. One of the things on my list is to go one month without watching TV. Well, I picked this month as the month to do it. So far it hasn’t been very tough, although before now I didn’t realize how many restaurants actually have TV’s in them. Sufficed to say, I can’t watch baseball on the tube, but I can listen to it on the radio. If our announcers were correct in calling the game I do believe the Astros beat the Phillies this evening. It sounded good.

NOTE: I’ll be out of town for the rest of the week, but I think I will have Internet access. If I don’t I will be back Friday, but I’m guessing I should be able to write every day.

Totals for the day: 55 cents
Race Totals: $159.86

2 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

- I wouldn't call all those coins nothing. I think that's the beauty of finding coins--any find is a good one.

- Good luck on the no TV.

- Baseball on the radio can be the best thing out there. That is, if your announcers are good. The Phillies' announcers, with one exception, stink. The Mets' announcers are the best in baseball. I love when the Phillies play the Mets because then I can hear them call the game. I hate the Mets, but I think I listen to more of their games than the Phillies because their announcers are so good and because the Phillies AM signal is weak.

- We're not discussing the wild-card flip-flop.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Amazing Greis said...

Would watching the Jumbotron Television at Astros games count as watching tv? Or what about if you are watching the televisions for the replay at the top of the main concourse sections?

Just checking!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home