Saturday, September 24, 2005

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Today I found 67 cents. . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, 1 quarter & 17 pennies (the Hurricane Rita Change Cycle Special).

The hurricane is over and I survived. To be honest, I have been in thunder storms that packed more of a punch than Rita. I know some areas got hit hard, but where I was (which was supposed to take a decent pounding) we got 45 mile per hour winds and about 1.5 inches of rain. I was bummed.

Anyhow, last night just after midnight my neighbor Jim and I decided to take a break from the hurricane party and take a walk around the neighborhood to see what was going on. It was raining kind of hard and the wind was kicking, but we were board. We walked down the road (seeing absolutely nothing exciting) and I ended up at the car wash. There I found 19 cents (one nickel, one dime, and four pennies).

By the time morning had come the heavy part of the storm had passed. I had lost power in the morning, but Bailey had not. Both of us were a bit tired of being inside so we took a joint change searching drive together. The following finds were made by me: one penny at a Burger King drive-thru, four cents at a Jack-in-the-Box (in the parking lot), two cents at a closed Sonic, three cents at another car wash, and 10 cents (one dime) in the street at a red light.

On my way home from the change search I stopped at a drive-thru for Starbucks and found 28 cents (one quarter & three pennies). I am happy to report that when I finally got home I had power again.

Totals for the day: 67 cents
Race Totals: $170.22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home