Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tuesday, October 4, 2005

Today I found $1.32. . . 1 $1 bill, 3 dimes, and 2 pennies.

On my way to my car this morning I found 10 cents (one dime) in the parking lot of my apartment complex parking lot. After lunch this afternoon I checked a Burger King drive-thru, and was shut out. However, I went into a Chevron that was attached to the Burger King to purchase a drink. At the base of the cash register, stuck in a candy case holding gum, was a crumpled up $1 bill. I’m not sure how the crumpled bill ended up there, but I know how it got out (in my hand).

In the evening I made a post office run and found 10 cents (one dime) at the base of the automated postal machine. On the way home I checked Al Gator’s Car Wash and found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies). The first penny was on the ground by vacuum cleaner, the dime was in the change return slot of a Pepsi machine, and the final penny was on the ground by the car wash exit.

Scanning the pages of ESPN today I noticed that six of 16 “experts” have picked the ASTROS to win the World Series. This amazes me, but I guess people want to make the unexpected pick and see if it sticks. There are lots of good reasons why it could happen (Clemens, Pettitte, Oswalt) but more reasons why it won’t (offense, defense, history). If I had to bet my change would be on the later.

Totals for the day: $1.32
Race Totals: $174.67

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Amazing Greis said...

Why are you always so freakin' negative. Stop it already!!!!

GO ASTROS!!!!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I have been negative all season and thanks to me the Astros have made the playoffs (I make them work harder to impress me). I will keep it up for their own good. You can thank me later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home