Sunday, October 02, 2005

Sunday, October 2, 2005

Today I found 82 cents. . . 1 nickel, 4 dime, 1 quarter, and 12 pennies (the playoff bound change cycle).

On my way home last night (actually early this morning) from a party I stopped at a Starbucks on FM 1960 and found 23 cents (two dimes & three pennies) in the drive-thru. Closer to home I checked another Starbucks drive-thru and found 45 cents (one nickel, one dime, one quarter, and five pennies). It’s always nice to hit the change cycle in one location. Nearby the Starbucks I checked a KFC drive-thru and found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies).

At the Astros game this afternoon I found a penny in the street. It was nearby a parking meter and likely fell from someone’s pocket as they reached for change to pay a meter. My final find of the day was one penny at a Shell gas station. It was on a counter next to the slushie machine that I used to fix myself a drink.

The Astros beat Gregg Maddux and the Chicago Cubs today to clench their second consecutive National League Wild Card spot. Like last year they clenched it on the final day of the season. Last year the team was amazingly good down the stretch, while this year we limped into the playoffs at the expense of a surging Philadelphia Phillies team (who could not muster a single win in head-to-head competition against the Astros this year). I have been negative about the Astros chances for the entire season and I continue to doubt our chances in the playoffs. Hopefully I will be wrong again.

Totals for the day: 82 cents
Race Totals: $173.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home