Thursday, September 29, 2005

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Today I found 73 cents. . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, 1 quarter, and 23 pennies (the “Magic # remains at two” change cycle).

While dining on two for one burgers at Sonic this afternoon I took a stroll around the parking lot and found 26 cents (one dime & 16 pennies). Later in the day I washed my car at the car care station in the neighboring apartment complex (they have a nice area and a vacuum cleaner that only costs 50 cents) and I found seven cents (one nickel & two pennies).

In the evening I went to the Astros game and while walking from my car to the ballpark I found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies). I also found 25 cents (one quarter) in a Pepsi machine that is across the street from the ballpark. My final finds of the day were three pennies at the post office. Two of the pennies were on a counter top and one was in the coin return slot of a stamp machine.

The Astros might make the playoffs, but that doesn’t make them a playoff team. Right now I kind of feel like a San Diego Padres fan must feel. Their team could make the playoffs with a sub 500 record. Neither the Astros (if they make it) or the Padres deserve post season play. Wouldn’t it be nice if both teams just declined the invitation and let the Braves and the Cardinals duke it out for the World Series?

Totals for the day: 73 cents
Race Totals: $171.97

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home