Saturday, October 15, 2005

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Today I found $1.89. . .2 nickels, 5 dimes, 3 quarters & 54 pennies (the swell change cycle). I also found a Canadian quarter and a Mexican two peso coin, neither of which will count toward the daily totals.

After midnight last night I decided to do some change searching as I could not sleep. I hit a plethora of fast food drive-thrus and recorded some nice finds. At a Boston Market I found two cents, at a KFC I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny), at Burger King I found three cents, at Wendy’s I found 10 cents (one dime), and at Starbucks I found 37 cents (one quarter, one dime, & two pennies). On the way home I stopped at the post office and found 25 cents (one quarter) in the change return slot of a stamp machine. I also stopped at a Shell for gas and found 16 cents (one nickel, one dime, & one penny). All the Shell change was laying on the ground near my gas pump.

On my way to the ballpark this morning I stopped at another car wash. There was no American change found, but I did find the Mexican two peso coin. Also, at the ballpark by a parking meter I found the Canadian quarter. Both foreign coins will be deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” which for accuracy should probably be called my “Not American Change Cup.”

Walking around outside the ballpark (illegally scalping some tickets) I found three cents at various locations. On my drive home I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 11 cents (all pennies). My final stop of the night was the car wash next to my apartment where I found an astounding 71 cents (one nickel, one dime, one quarter, and 31 pennies). The vast majority of the change, save a few pennies, were found in two stacks which were both on top of vacuum cleaners.

The Astros managed another nice win against the St. Louis Cardinals this evening. I have been down the road of getting excited about the possibility of a World Series appearance before (last year we went back to St. Louis with a 3-2 lead and only needed to win one game–we didn’t) so I’m trying to remain as calm about this as I can. If we actually win tomorrow I’m afraid that my calmness will fly out the window, as we will be up 3-1 and have Pettitte, Oswalt, and Clemens scheduled for the next games. Tomorrow will tell a lot.

Totals for the day: $1.89
Race Totals: $181.86

2 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think this post makes for an interesting juxtaposition against Bailey's.

Stay grounded. Don't get too excited. It's a long playoffs!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Trust me, I know. Last year I was in St. Louis for games 6 & 7 of the NLCS. We just needed to win one, and we lost both. I have been one game from the World Series before, so until we actually make it (and last years team was better than this one) I need to stay calm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home