Friday, October 14, 2005

Friday, October 14, 2005

Today I found 16 cents. . .2 nickels & 6 pennies.

I didn’t have to work today, so I spent a lot of time around the house. Around lunch time my friend Robert and I went to grab a bite to eat at a Vietnamese restaurant. On the way home Robert had to stop at HEB, a local grocery store, to pick up some baby food for his dog (the dog is sick, and at the moment he won’t eat his dog food unless it is covered in baby food–a picky dog if you ask me). At HEB I found 10 cents (one nickel & five pennies) in the coin return slot of a water vending machine.

Continuing home we stopped at Randalls, a local grocery store, so I could deposit a check in my bank, which has a branch at the grocery store. On the way out I spotted and retrieved a nickel from under a coke vending machine.

After dinner with my friend Susan I peeked into another Randalls and found a single penny in the change return slot of a change sorting machine. As I was on my hands and knees looking under a coke machine (I though I spotted a quarter, but alas it was a gum wrapper) an employee asked me what I was doing. I truthfully told him that I was trying to retrieve a quarter. He offered me a quarter to use in the vending machine, but I declined his generous offer. I considered telling him to drop the quarter and walk away, but that certainly would have defeated the spirit of the race.

Totals for the day: 16 cents
Race Totals: $179.97

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home