Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Today I found 53 cents. . . 1 nickel, 3 dimes, and 18 pennies.

I intended to wake up early this morning in time to run some errands. It didn’t happen, but when I finally did get going this morning I made sure to make a few change stops. I wanted to check the drive-thru at Starbucks, but it was much too busy. However, I did find three cents in the parking lot. I also found two cents in the parking lot of a KFC, and one penny in the parking lot of Boston Market.

I had to go to the bank this afternoon to get some money to pay for some World Series tickets (I now have tickets to all three home games, and my bank account is much smaller as a result). In the parking lot of Randalls, a local grocery store, I found two cents.

After picking up my tickets downtown I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 29 cents (one nickel, two dimes, and four pennies). One of the Kwick Kar Wash pennies was a 1938 Wheat Penny, a nice find indeed.

I joined my friend Tara for dinner and on the way to her house I stopped at a Sonic to pick up a few cents. I was rewarded by finding four pennies, all by one of the exits. My final stop of the evening was a Kroger where I checked the change sorting machine. Nothing there, but as I walked back to my car I did find 11 cents (one dime & one penny) in the parking lot.

The Astros lost again this evening, and this one did not have a good feel to it. The game went back and forth all night, but I think that many Astros fans will point to a phantom hit batsman that loaded the bases and ended the night for Dan Wheeler. Relief pitcher Chad Qualls was summoned and his first pitch was a grand slam. It was tough to watch, but sadly not the reason the Astros lost. Undoubtedly Wheeler was going to walk the man that he hit, which would have ended his night and Qualls still would have relieved. The real question of the evening is how can one of the best relievers in the game surrender a home run to a guy in the bottom of the ninth that had hit no home runs the entire season? If Brad Lidge is not right and Clemens is out this series is officially over.

Totals for the day: 53 cents
Race Totals: $185.97

2 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on Liz Phair. I'm an enormous fan of hers (her earlier stuff anyway), but whenever I've seen her live on TV, she disappoints. It's certainly not for lack of talent, so I chalk it up to nerves.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Liza:

Either nerves or no recording studio to fix up the voice. I have never seen her live so I'm not sure which it is. Either way, despite "God Bless America" I still like her.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home