Monday, October 24, 2005

Monday, October 24, 2005

Today I found 32 cents. . . 1 quarter & 7 pennies. I also found a Mexican 2 peso coin, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

It was three single penny finds that started my day today. Pennies were found at a Sonic where I ate lunch; a nearby car wash; and a self checkout line at HEB, a local grocery store. I moved up to a two penny find at Ale Gator’s Car Wash. One penny was by a vacuum cleaner and the other was in a car washing port. Ale Gator’s was also where I found the Mexican two peso coin, which was sitting on top of a vacuum cleaner and was covered in some sort of stick goo, which has since been removes. The Mexican coin has also since been deposited into my “Not Change Cup.”

On my way home for the afternoon I stopped at a Shell gas station for a drink. There was a display of sunflower seeds by the counter and I spotted a glimmer of silver as I was paying the cashier. I bent down and discovered 27 cents (one quarter & two pennies), all lodged in the sunflower display.

For those into sports betting I will give you my lock of the week. The Astros will not lose tonight. Of course it is an off day, but nonetheless I feel confident that the bullpen will not implode and the hitters will not choke. That said, the way the Astros are playing it is entirely possible that they lose the off day. We will see.

Totals for the day: 32 cents
Race Totals: $186.29

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home