Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sunday, April 2, 2006

Today I found 24 cents . . . 1 dime and 14 pennies.

Taking trash to the dumpster this afternoon I spotted and retrieved two pennies. At JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, I found six cents. I also found 16 cents (one dime & six pennies) in and around a change counting machine at Randalls, a local grocery store.

An avid blog reader / change searcher asked me a question this evening and I’m not sure how to answer it. I’ll throw it to the audience for opinions. Said reader found a penny on the way to a wedding. Once at the wedding she discovered that the bride did not have a penny in her shoes (apparently the custom in the area for luck). Said reader gave the penny to the bride. The question is, does the penny count toward the daily totals since it was given away. Normally I would say no, however, perhaps there is a Wedding Clause that could apply. Thoughts?

Totals for the day: 24 cents
Race Totals: $289.28

3 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'd count the penny as found. Even though it's not in said reader's possession, it's accounted for in some regard. That is, I doubt the bride would get rid of it. Good luck to bride and good karma for said reader.

That's my two cents.

password: zrpbqe

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I tend to agree in this instance. So let it be written, so let it be done.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea!!! I get to count the penny :)

Ok, here's another one though...

Yesterday I went to get a coke out of the machine, and brought 3 quarters with me. It turns out that coke is a dollar which was really annoying because just the other day I got a coke from that machine, and there must have already been a quarter in there, because I brought 4 quarters and it spit one out, and gave me a coke so I didn't even bother looking to see how much it was, and just assumed it was 75 cents

SO, I was really annoyed when I got all the way up there, and needed to go back down to my office to get another quarter.

And then I thought.... WWCD? (What would Chris do)So I got down on my hands and knees (in dress clothes, mind you) and sure enough, there was a quarter under the machine, so I popped it in and got my coke.

I'm sure you already know my question, so here's my argument. Since I really needed the coke (presentation with CFO coming up, had to be awake) I would have gone back downstairs and gotten another quarter, had I not found the quarter. So, its not as though I found the quarter, and then purchased something I wouldn't have normally bought, so the net sum of my assets actually went up $0.25 by discovering the quarter, in my mind, making it a real find.

Therefore, I think I should be allowed to count the quarter. Thank you for your time :-D

LP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home