Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Today I found 80 cents . . . 3 dimes, 1 quarter, and 25 pennies.

It was a day of frustrations, despite the change finds. Several days ago the Houston Chronicle ran an add from the 99 Cent Only store that stated the first nine people in line on Friday morning would have the opportunity to purchase an Apple iPod 2GB for only, well, 99 cents. I decided that come hell or high water I would have myself an iPod by the end of the day. Sadly, I showed up at the nearest store at 10pm and there was already a long line. Bailey was kind enough to get on the Internet and help me find other store locations. Sadly, the lines there were equally as long. No iPod for Chris.

I’m too spent right now to give exact locations for all change finds but they came at the usual places: car washes, gas stations, grocery store, post office, and a convenience store where I stopped for a drink on the way home.

Totals for the day: 80 cents
Race Totals: $288.20

4 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Were you planning to eBay that? That's been a sweet profit...

password: dibpwxc

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Chris said...

You know me too well. Even though I don't have an iPod of my own and I think it would be a nice thing to have that one was headed for eBay!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

If you manage to score one, any chance you'd tip me off on a Buy It Now option for half price?!

password: iathcvyy

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Chris said...

You got it, but I would of course have to double the price before making you that generous offer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home