Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday, March 20, 2006

Today I found $1.28 . . . 4 nickels, 2 dimes, 2 quarters, and 38 pennies (the copacetic change cycle).

Doing some laundry this evening I found 10 cents (two nickels) by the apartment complex laundry room. One was on the floor by a washing machine and the other was outside on the ground amidst some dirt and leaves.

Later in the evening, searching for the elusive dime, I went to Ale Gator’s Car Wash. I promptly found 51 cents (two quarters & one penny). All were in a car wash station. I waked around looking for more change but none was found in the usual spots (ground, car wash stations, parking area) but I couldn’t shake the feeling that I was missing something. Oh, how right I was. On the second pass I found a pile of money, 58 cents to be exact (two nickels, one dime, and 37 pennies). All were sitting atop a vacuum cleaner stand. I can only guess that someone took the change out of their car when they went to use the vacuum and forgot to put it back.

My final stop on the way home was the post office, where I found 10 cents (one dime) in the coin return slot of a stamp machine.

Waiting for me when I got home in the afternoon was a package, a very unique and very cool package. It was a gift that I received from my sister at Christmas and I was beginning to wonder if I was ever really going to receive it (she has purchased “gifts” for me in the past that have mysteriously never arrived, so I had cause for concern). What was in this package, you ask? Cheese! At Christmas she gave me a subscription to a Cheese of the Month Club. There were two kinds of cheese in the box. The first was Gouda from Holland and the second was Mimolette, a French cheddar cheese. I have sampled both already and they are both delicious.

NOTE TO LIZA: Sorry for the delay in answering Saturday's question. It is now posted.

Totals for the day: $1.28
Race Totals: $282.16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home