Friday, March 17, 2006

Friday, March 17, 2005

Today I found $1.14 . . . 1 nickel, 3 dimes, 2 quarters, and 29 pennies (the cool change cycle). I also found a fake quarter and a butterfly that might have once been a piece of jewelry. Sadly, the fake quarter and butterfly do not count toward the daily totals.

I didn’t do any change searching today until after 8:00pm. However, once I got started I had some success. I checked nearly every car wash in the area, as well as a gas station where I got some gas for my car (prices seem to be shooting up so I filled up even though I had half a tank) and the library, where I returned some books at the book drop. All the change was found at the above places.

The fake quarter and the butterfly that looks like it was once a piece of jewelry were each found at different car washes. They are pictured below so you, the valued reader, can feel like you were right there with me:


Although neither the fake quarter nor the butterfly will count toward the daily totals they will be deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” receptacle for such found items.

Totals for the day: $1.14
Race Totals: $279.98

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home