Saturday, March 18, 2006

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Today I found 13 cents . . . 1 dime & 3 pennies. I also found a Canadian quarter, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

Today was a very productive day. For starters, I woke up by 8am, which is rare for me on the weekends. By noon I had been to several yard sales, purchased plants at a local plant sale, purchased two kinds of cheese, and visited some downtown shops. While downtown at a stoplight I spotted and retrieved a penny from the middle of the road. Despite the fact that I was back in my car and ready to go before the light changed the driver behind me still felt the need to blow their horn THE INSTANCE the light turned green. I get it, green means go. Just because I was pulling a penny from the middle of the road does not mean I need a reminder honk to start driving again once the light turns.

Also on the way home I stopped at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, and found 11 cents (one dime & one penny). This is also where I found the Canadian quarter, which has already been deposited into my “Not Change Cup.” My final find of the day was one penny at Kroger, a local grocery store. It was near an automatic change return cup when I spotted it, just as I was leaving after paying for my ground beef (which was made into sauce for the spaghetti that I cooked this evening).

Totals for the day: 13 cents
Race Totals: $280.11

2 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two kinds of cheese? Don't leave us hanging!

We've been on a Muenster kick lately.

Password: wiqkij

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Liza:

So sorry to keep you hanging. I had purchased Gorganzola, which is a type of blue cheese (this particular one was made in Wisconsin) and the second type (I can't really remember the name and the wrapper is already gone) was a type of Parmasan cheese, but it was made in Argentina.

Also see Monday, March 20 for yet MORE cheese discussion.

Back in the day I was a huge Muenster cheese guy, but as a kid I ate so much of it that I'm kind of burnt out on it now. Today I like to go for the strange types of cheese that make most people go "ewwww."

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home