Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Today I found 27 cents . . . .1 quarter and 2 pennies.

I woke up very early for a Sunday morning (7am) because I wanted to get down to the ballpark and try to catch a few of the Atlanta Braves as they came in. I was missing just a few of the guys I needed to complete my team ball that I was working on and I knew that with no batting practice on Sunday my only shot was to get them as they came into the stadium.

My gamble paid off as I got Bobby Cox to sign for me by the back loading dock and I also added Pete Orr and Larry Wayne Jones (also know as Chipper) to my ball. As I was walking into the ballpark I found a single penny by the home plate entrance.

After the game it was kids run the bases, so I spent that time searching for ticket stubs. While scouring the ballpark I found an additional 26 cents (one quarter & one penny) under seats.

The Astros ended their 10-game home stand in impressive style, smacking around the Braves 14-4. They are still not a good team, but at least they played like one for a game.

I ended up with 21 players and the manager on my ball. Because one player came off the DL and one player was sent down during the series I actually had a shot at getting 26 players. The five that did not sign the entire series (at least for me) were John Smoltz (who blew me off outside today but did sign for some kids), Edgar Renteria, Marcus Giles, Andru Jones (usually a decent signer), and Chris Reitsma.

Totals for the day: 27 cents
Race Totals: $319.93

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home