Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday, September 18, 2006

Today I found $1.18 . . .. 2 nickels, 4 quarters, and 8 pennies. I also found a “Grandpa, I Love You” token and another token with no cash value. Sadly, the two tokens will have no value towards the daily totals.

At Kroger, a local grocery store, I found seven cents (one nickel & two pennies). After the ballgame this evening I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found $1.11 (one nickel, four quarters, and six pennies). The quarters were sitting atop a ledge of a car wash station and the remaining change was scattered about on the ground.

The token with no cash value and the “Grandpa, I Love You” token were found at the Kwick Kar Wash. The grandpa token, which reads “Grandpa, I Love You” on one side, reads “You’re the Greatest Grandpa. . . Caring and fun, Honest, and wise . . I feel so glad we share strong family ties” on the other. Although neither token counts toward the daily totals they will both make excellent editions to my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such items.

Totals for the day: $1.18
Race Totals: $365.67

4 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you serious about that token? Why would anyone buy that? And what would a grandpa do with it?

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Liza:

Yes, I'm serious. As to why anyone would buy that is a good questions. As to what grandpa would do with it the answer is obvious: leave it at a car wash. I'll post a picture of the token this evening.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oops, I guess I better return your father's gift that I bought on behalf of Noah.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

Yes, that would probably be a good idea. Of course one day if Noah wins some coin contest that I have and wins something from the "Not Change Cup" the token could be all his!

I'm thinking about listing it on eBay and seeing what happens. I think it would be a no sale, but one never knows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home