Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Today I found 60 cents . . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, 1 quarter, and 10 pennies (The I Got It And Chase Utley Didn’t Change Cycle).

All the change for the day, save one penny, was found at the Kwick Kar Wash, where I stopped on the way home from the Astros game. The final penny of the day was found in the laundry room of my apartment complex. It was sitting atop an empty washing machine.

Sadly, the Astros lost to the Phillies this afternoon, making my prediction of a sweep fall one game short. Chase Utley fell a homerun short of the cycle and four Phillies connected for the long ball (which chicks dig). On a happy note, Ryan Howard hit is 20th long ball of the season and I have the ticket stub listed on eBay. Hopefully something good will come out of the loss.

On the autograph front I managed to get a total of 18 of the 25 players on the Phillies roster. It’s a respectable team ball as I have all of the major stars with the exception of Cole Hamels and Pat Burrell (who I don’t personally consider a star, but some might). Next up, the NY Mets.

Totals for the day: 60 cents
Race Totals: $574.32

3 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice change cycle name:)

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I started to post, but I lost my connection...

... anyway, the only place Patt Burrel is a star is, maybe, in his head. But I even doubt that. It's a shame, too, because he could have been special, but he never adjusted as pitchers started to figure him out and then his swing got terrible.

I still remember his best season (37 homers, I think) when he owned the Mets. I had just left work and he hit a grand slam to put the Phillies up. I turned around and gave the fist-pump to my fellow Phillie-philes and left again.

password: ejiioorx

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Becca:

Thanks.

Brian:

I'm glad we can both agree on something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home