Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Today I found 2 cents . . . both pennies. Change was found in two states, Massachusetts and Maine.

I had to drive up to Portland, Maine this morning so I headed out early. Just outside of Boston I stopped at a 7-11 along US1 and found a penny in the parking lot (I also purchased a drink inside). Just after crossing the Maine boarder there was a 60-cent toll to pay along 95 North. After chucking my change into the basket I spotted and retrieved a penny from the side of the road.

Leaving Maine I encountered a minor annoyance. Just after pulling away from paying a toll I noticed that the guy had given me my change with a Canadian quarter. I understand that these things float around, but I thought that was kind of messed up for him to pawn it off on me. Sadly, I was no better of a person and at the next toll I paid with the aforementioned quarter.

Totals for the day: 2 cents
Race Totals: $643.30

2 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not fond of that Canadian-U.S. thing, either. And whenever I try to pawn it off, the recipient always notices, so I get stuck.

password: pspdqa

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

That was the first time that had ever happened to me and hopefully the last. I'm going to start paying more attention. It's bad enough that I end up with about 21 Canadian pennies every time I search a box of US pennies for my coin book. The last thing I need are Canadian quarters entering my pocket change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home