Monday, June 02, 2008

Monday, June 2, 2008

Today I found 1 foreign bill. Although it will not count toward the daily totals it does keep alive my consecutive change streak.

My plane landed at 5:30am in Bangkok. Becca and her friend Brooke met me at the airport (although they did go to the wrong gate so I had to hear, “Hello, you need Taxi? About 500 times while I looked for them).

After a short nap it was off to hit the town. One of the first stops was one of the many wat’s, or Buddhist temples, around Bangkok. At a nearby market I found a 50 Baht bill on the ground. At current exchange rates this equates to about $1.51.

As with all vacations I try to post at least one picture a day to give a flavor of the place I am visiting. This picture of a mailbox cracked me up, so I am choosing to lead off with it:


I really liked that the two choices were “Bangkok” or “Other Places.” The Thais are quite direct in that regard.

Totals for the day: 1 Foreign Bill
Race Totals: $661.71

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home